Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Is Here

Yeah, so Happy New Year Everyone! Damn Mayans, trying to ruin all our fun with the whole end of the world scare. It's alright, they are generous enough to allow me to experience 3 months of college before the whole world implodes on itself.
So here are two new songs and my two favorite songs many of you might have missed in 2011.

So the first new song I have for you guys is a remix by Paper Diamond called Wildfire. The original is by SBTRKT, but it doesn't compare to this masterpiece crafted by one of my favorite electronic producers.

Wildfire (Paper Diamond Remix)
                             

The next song is by Calvin Harris, yeah that guy who did that song with Rihanna. This is one of his recent singles on his album Ready for the Weekend. The vocals aren't that special but the background is a really happy smooth electronic beat.

You Used To Hold Me - Calvin Harris
                             
    
There were a ton of great mashups in 2011 with DJ 3LAU and KapSlap putting out great material, but a DJ by the name of Basic Physics posted a mashup as a thank you to his fans for reaching 300,000 views on his music, hence the song name 'The 300 Club'. Smooth transitions and no boring parts.

The 300 Club (Mash Anthem) - Basic Physics
                           

I have heard many great dubstep songs this year; this was also the year I really started listening to Dubstep. But as soon as I heard this song I was instantly hooked on it's relaxed synths that slowly build up to an intense climax. I'm On One by DJ Khaled and Drake etc. is a great song but was completely transformed by Killagraham into a true masterpiece.

I'm On One (Killagraham Remix)
                             

-Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment