Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mashup Wednesday??



Dear Loyal Following,

As you have surely noticed, the artwork for today is the album artwork of M83's recent album "Hurry Up We're Dreaming". I myself am an album listener, and it really does take at least an album to get a true feel for a group or artist. I listened to this album on Spotify and would highly recommend it to anyone. Just great sounds coming from each track, it's as simple as that. Everyone has probably heard Midnight City, but what blew me away was their versatility, quickly being able to change between a huge range of tempos.

One of my favorite songs from this album is "Wait". A great song to listen to while getting work done, and a song full of emotion. "No time" are the two words said mostly throughout the song, and it really made me think. Enjoy.

Wait - M83



Getting back to the title of the post, I've included two head-banging mashups, this first one by Kap Slap. Kap Slap makes consistently great tracks, all songs that anyone can rage to. My only compliant would be lack of variety, but the guy can still sling tracks like no other.

Resurrect Paradise - Kap Slap



Next mashup is another by an artists featured here last week, Basic Physics. Basic Physics definitely pushes the envelope more than Kap Slap does, and is much more experimental. A great track and I especially enjoyed the "Harder Better Faster Stronger" (Daft Punk) parts thrown in.

Strength in Numbers - Basic Physics



Final song is from one of my favorite new bands. At heart I'm truly a '60s rock and psychedelic rock fan, and this band Tame Impala out of Australia is doing some awesome stuff that sounds like it is straight out of 1967. Fantastic use of guitar feedback in this track. Stick with this song whilst listening, it's totally worth it.

Desire Be, Desire Go - Tame Impala



Kapoom.

-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment