Monday, January 9, 2012

Chillness


So you may see the title of this post and then the picture, and be utterly confused. But let me explain. So the first song I found this week to include on M&M was Jedi Theme by Coyote Kisses, and I was inwardly high-fiving myself because I'd have a great song, a picture to include (which can be difficult to fit in), and something to talk about (Star Wars). However, as the week went on, I kept finding awesome chill music of a range of varieties, and ergo, this week's title.

As I was saying, this absolutely banging electronic mix was dropped this week and has been all over the blogosphere. As I said, I am a Star Wars fan and when I first saw the title, I cringed, thinking it would butcher the original epic score. However, Coyote Kisses does this song severe justice and drops this beauty of a song.
Jedi Theme (Remix) - Coyote Kisses




Next song is where the chilliness really begins. I'd never listened to Ben Howard before, and usually stray away from acoustic indies, but this reminded me of Mumford and Sons, who I do like, and Mr. Howard comes across as very authentic.
Only Love - Ben Howard




The frostbite (see what I did there?) continues with this track from 2AM Club, who I'd never paid much attention to before, but I've decided they really do hit it on this song. And who can turn down a song with someone ticklin' the ivories quietly in the background?
Tell Her Hi - 2AM Club




Last song is another by 2AM Club, and has a more upbeat tone, but is incredibly catchy and sincere. Love the R&B parts thrown in. I can definitely see this song entering into the pop mainstream and becoming a radio favorite. You heard it first here folks, remember that.
Every Evening (feat. Chiddy) - 2AM Club



Does Leia have a lightsaber/gun combo??


-Luke

XTCQXSBH7AGT

No comments:

Post a Comment